Part-time or Full-time kitchen hand/cook
- We are a busy food stall in inner-city Christchurch serving up Malaysian fare, and we need an experienced part-time or full-time kitchen hand/cook to join our energetic team.
- We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience cooking in different styles of traditional Malaysian cuisine, who is hard-working, a fast learner, reliable, organized, creative, and passionate about food and customer service.
- You will be able to work in a high-pressure, high-turnover environment, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player and able to work unsupervised, and also able to take instruction well.
- You will also be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
An application must possess:
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Ability in food preparation and cooking, plating, and presentation.
- Ability to maintain high standards and monitor quality, taste, and presentation of each dish set out by management at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Ability to maintain and order stocks and supplies and also identify freshness or issues in raw materials.
- Kitchen experience and cleaning to maintain high standards of personal and workplace hygiene.
- Ability to maintain kitchen equipment and tools in perfect working condition.
- Knowledge in compliance with health and safety regulations also follows food safety requirements.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and a work ethic.
- Able to work as a versatile individual within a team.
- Ability to multitask and time management skills.
- Ability to work with management on promotions and advertisements.
- At least two years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal chef/cook qualifications.
- Relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- If you would like to join our happy and hard-working team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org